Research interests are directed primarily toward biomaterials and tissue engineering and in a variety of interrelated areas:
o Synthesis and characterization of biopolymers.
o 3D biodegradable scaffold design.
o Drug loaded and mesenchymal stem cells combined scaffolds.
• Hilal Toptaş, İ. Alper İşoğlu, Melahat Bağırova, “Farkli Doku Kaynaklarından Elde Edilen Mezenkimal Kök Hücrelerin Peptid Hydrogel (BdTM PuramatrixTM) ve Poli(epsilon-Kaprolakton) Scaffoldları ile Etkileşimlerinin İncelenmesi ve Kıkırdak Doku Mühendisliğinde Kullanılmak Üzere 3 Boyutlu Hücre Kültür Modelinin Geliştirilmesi”, Yıldız Technical University, Project Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Adil Allahverdiyev, October 2013 - October 2014.
• Researcher, EU Transfer of Innovation Project, “New Applications and Course Materials for Prosthetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry and Biomedical Engineers (Bio-Dent)”, November 2012 – November 2014.
• University Coordinator, EU Transfer of Innovation Project, “Improving Hydrogen Energy Knowledge Around Europe Union”, January 2011 – January 2013.
• Researcher, “Stem Cells Production for Treatment, Genkök 1”, Genkord Ltd. and Hacettepe University, 01.01.2006 to 30.06.2007.
• Researcher, “Tissue Engineering in Biomedical Technologies, Tissue Biomed, FP6-2004-ACC-SSA-2”, Hacettepe University, 01.03.2006 to 01.01.2009.
• Researcher, “Expertissues, Network of Excellence (NoE)”, Hacettepe University, 2004 –2009.
Uğur Balta, Polymer Engineering M.S. Program, Institute of Graduate Studies in Science, Yalova University “Preparation of Natural-Synthetic Polymeric Membranes via Electrospinning Method for Using as Artificial Tendon”, November 2012 - expected graduation 2014 (Co-adviser).